To continually work to improve safety, Q&D formed the Safety Committee, which has been working to support our corporate safety leaders and management for over 20 years. They provide input and support on safety initiatives, incident investigations and the integration of new laws and policies into our Health & Safety Program. The committee’s members are a cross-section of the company, including managers, field supervisors and Q&D executives.
Together the Q&D Safety Committee members:
- Lead company-wide meetings with all field supervisors to discuss safety topics, engender trust and rally team members
- Review site-specific safety concerns at a project level
- Discuss any incidents, how they occurred, paths forward and plans to avoid similar incidents in the future
- Survey project sites with corporate safety directors and insurance professionals to further review safety implementation on an individual worker level
- Supply topics and agendas to sites to direct toolbox talks and daily safety meetings around specific company and client concerns
- Solicit input from all project personnel on potential safety improvements, provides impact studies and research and helps implement new policies in the field